Massachusetts - Day 2 or Go Sawx!
Had a great time at Fenway! The history of the stadium was enough to make the experience great for us (everything still looks like it is from the early parts of the 20th century), but the game was fantastic to boot. The experience was aided by the people all around us talking about the Red Sox (with typical Bostonian accents) as if their life depended on them winning another championship - very similar to the feeling at Lambeau.
There was a 1 hour delay due to rain, but honestly, I had never seen a tarp rolled out at a baseball game (having attended most of my games at the Metrodome and Miller Park), so at least it was a new experience. After that, the game was great, going into extra innings before a walk-off home run in the bottom of the 13th! At the height of the game (Papelbon trying to close it out in the 9th), Leah turned to me and said she liked the Red Sox more than the Twins. So we bought her a Red Sox hat, while I questioned whether I should leave her behind when I return home.
We didn't actually see the walk-off home run, because we decided we didn't want to lose our whole day in Boston at a baseball game. So we walked over to the Memorial Victory Garden near Fenway to enjoy a little piece of nature right in the city.
After that, we met up with Sydne Lee, a friend Leah and I attended grade school with and who graduated from high school with me. She moved to Boston a year and a half ago and is now dating an assistant district attorney, so we had a great time reminiscing about Marshfield and talking about law school and legal careers.
Today we hope to see some other sights in Boston, but the weather is not helping. It is thundering outside as I am typing this. Hopefully, we can find some indoor activities.
Here are some of our Day 2 pics:
There was a 1 hour delay due to rain, but honestly, I had never seen a tarp rolled out at a baseball game (having attended most of my games at the Metrodome and Miller Park), so at least it was a new experience. After that, the game was great, going into extra innings before a walk-off home run in the bottom of the 13th! At the height of the game (Papelbon trying to close it out in the 9th), Leah turned to me and said she liked the Red Sox more than the Twins. So we bought her a Red Sox hat, while I questioned whether I should leave her behind when I return home.
We didn't actually see the walk-off home run, because we decided we didn't want to lose our whole day in Boston at a baseball game. So we walked over to the Memorial Victory Garden near Fenway to enjoy a little piece of nature right in the city.
After that, we met up with Sydne Lee, a friend Leah and I attended grade school with and who graduated from high school with me. She moved to Boston a year and a half ago and is now dating an assistant district attorney, so we had a great time reminiscing about Marshfield and talking about law school and legal careers.
Today we hope to see some other sights in Boston, but the weather is not helping. It is thundering outside as I am typing this. Hopefully, we can find some indoor activities.
Here are some of our Day 2 pics:

1 Comments:
Te N Le:
Great to see your pics. Watched all the replays of the game and thought of you a lot. Also, while I was checking out of the hotel in Eau Claire, The Weather Channel was on showing the storms in Boston and felt so sad for you. I know you were suppose to go on your walk today.
Jo's party was great...only a few little rain events in the early evening...nothing spoiled...great croquet game. Only sad thing...we forgot to take pictures...bummer.
Love DAD
Post a Comment
<< Home