71-70: Kudos to the Bruins
One Point. Just one point.
As heartbroken as I am over the loss Belmont University (my alma mater) suffered to Duke last night, I just want to say that it was fantastic to watch them put up such a fight. I don't think anyone outside of Belmont's team and coaching staff thought they had a chance. We were all wrong.
Article from ESPN's Dana O'Neil:
"Belmont was the tougher team. And for all but a few bad choice spot-up-and-shoot 3s in transition and one harebrained inbounds pass, it was the better team in a devastatingly close 71-70 loss."
"Belmont took it to Duke, sometimes right down the gut or on slippery backdoors. The Bruins schooled and exposed the Blue Devils' defense, and they put a searchlight on all the warts and worries that have dogged Duke all season."
Thanks for the thrill!
As heartbroken as I am over the loss Belmont University (my alma mater) suffered to Duke last night, I just want to say that it was fantastic to watch them put up such a fight. I don't think anyone outside of Belmont's team and coaching staff thought they had a chance. We were all wrong.
Article from ESPN's Dana O'Neil:
"Belmont was the tougher team. And for all but a few bad choice spot-up-and-shoot 3s in transition and one harebrained inbounds pass, it was the better team in a devastatingly close 71-70 loss."
"Belmont took it to Duke, sometimes right down the gut or on slippery backdoors. The Bruins schooled and exposed the Blue Devils' defense, and they put a searchlight on all the warts and worries that have dogged Duke all season."
Thanks for the thrill!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home