job happiness
I ran into this chart from Time.com that ranks job professions based on those in the profession who say they are "very happy."
Clergy rank at the top of the list. As someone who has worked for and with clergy in the past, I raise this question. Are 67% of clergy "very happy" with their job or do 67% of clergy feel like they need to say that they are "very happy" with their job? Probably depends on the day they are having...
I also note just for kicks that lawyers are very happy nearly 50% of the time while legal assistants are very happy only 20% of the time. From my experience in this profession (and from being married to a legal assistant), I imagine that the lawyers who are "very happy" have assistants who are not and visa versa.
Lawyers rank just below physicians and just above...car salesman? Are car salesman happy, or is this much like the clergy thing. Who wants to buy a car (or a faith) from someone who isn't happy?
Clergy rank at the top of the list. As someone who has worked for and with clergy in the past, I raise this question. Are 67% of clergy "very happy" with their job or do 67% of clergy feel like they need to say that they are "very happy" with their job? Probably depends on the day they are having...
I also note just for kicks that lawyers are very happy nearly 50% of the time while legal assistants are very happy only 20% of the time. From my experience in this profession (and from being married to a legal assistant), I imagine that the lawyers who are "very happy" have assistants who are not and visa versa.
Lawyers rank just below physicians and just above...car salesman? Are car salesman happy, or is this much like the clergy thing. Who wants to buy a car (or a faith) from someone who isn't happy?

2 Comments:
i'm happy to say that only really know what i'm doing 23% of the time... this of course allows me to truly enjoy the other 67% of my life.
on another thought, i once bought a car from a guy i called "smiling shelly". he was all smiles... didn't trust him a bit. 210,000 miles on the car before it died though.
i have the same reaction to people who smile all the time. i always feel like they are trying to dupe me somehow. maybe they are really that happy, though. who knows?
Post a Comment
<< Home