10.26.2007

weekend o' fun

It's homecoming here in Madison and this weekend should be a treat.


It starts with the homecoming parade tonight followed by fireworks.






Tomorrow is the homecoming game against Indiana where I will get to participate in the annual "cane toss." The cane toss is a law school tradition where third-year law students throw canes over one of the goal posts at Camp Randall. Tradition has it that if you catch the cane after throwing it over, you will win your first case as a lawyer. Of course, if you miss...

To finish off the weekend, I just found out I won tickets to see Josh Rouse at the Annex, a great little venue in Madison. I won the tickets through madison.com. I caught my first Josh Rouse show in Nashville in 2003, where he was living at the the time. He puts on a great show, so it should be fun.
Wish me luck in catching the cane...I've heard it is harder than it looks.

3 Comments:

Blogger Alicia Smith Osland said...

did you catch your cane?

3:19 PM  
Blogger teirney said...

i did catch it. my plan now is to go into my first case and say 'ladies and gentlemen of the jury, i caught my cane. you must vote in favor of my client.'

8:54 AM  
Blogger Alicia Smith Osland said...

A pre-congratulatory statement and a tip of my hat to you.

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home