8.28.2007

DMB at Alpine...

I thought about snagging some grass seats for sunday night's Dave Matthews Band show at Alpine, but having heard mixed reviews about last year's show, I decided against it. I should have gone (set list here).

They opened with Dreaming Tree, one of my all time favorite DMB songs and one that they rarely play live (and have never opened with). They also introduced a new song for the first time called "A Dream So Real." You can hear it here. I also like the new song "Eh Hee," which is on the new Dave and Tim album (see video here). Would have been fun to see it with the band.

Then again, this might be a reason not to go. In my experience, DMB fans tend to get bored and yell when the band isn't playing their more popular stuff, making it very unenjoyable for those who want to hear new music. Either way, I think I made the wrong decision. Should have gone.

1 Comments:

Blogger bradandgeo said...

can you imagine 7-8 years ago, living an hour away from a DMB concert and not going? we would have have disowned ourselves. if it makes you feel any better, i gave up tickets to go see damien rice this past weekend -it was a huge outdoor venue and i just felt like it wasn't worth it. i heard he kicked ass.

3:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home