4.06.2007

Teirney the art critic

One of my favorite places to enjoy a cup of coffee in Madison is the Fair Trade Coffee House on State Street. I had a chance to visit while on Spring Break this week.


Besides the good coffee and good cause, Fair Trade always features artwork by Madison artists. To be honest, I usually find the art over-the-top or just plain mediocre (not that I have any clue what I'm talking about).


But the art up today is by Jaroslava Sobiskova, and I really like it. The pictures on the website don't do justice to the artist's use of texture to add depth to the images, but they give a good idea of the general feel of the work. I always appreciate when others share their ideas of what constitutes good music, art, books,movies, etc. and I thought I'd return the favor. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home