1.10.2007

More Coffee Shop Fun

There is a cute old couple on a first date sitting next to me. I can't help but listen in. I'd take a picture if it wouldn't be weird. He is charming her socks off and it is extremely evident. He seems to know that he is charming her socks off and is enjoying that fact.

I'm thinking about renaming this blog "Scenes from Starbucks," based on this and some previous posts (here and here). Unfortunately, I won't be able to spend this much time in coffee shops once school and work starts in a week. I'm also concerned about copyright issues with using the word "Starbucks."

Nonetheless, coffee shops are great places to sit and exist (and work). Just the other day, I watched a couple help a man jump his car outside of another coffee shop. They had just randomly met because they happened to sit next to each other in the coffee shop. When the man offered to pay for the couple's coffee in return for the jump, the couple told him, "No, just pass the kindness on."

Seriously, I can't think of a single better place to study humanity in all its glory and depravity. I will certainly miss all the time I've been spending here lately come next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home