More coffee shop drama
So I am sitting in a coffee shop working on an article I am writing. A little girl (probably 3 or 4) in here is jumping on a couch and screaming "Hi" to people who are sitting nearby.
I am sitting nearby and if she...
"Hi," I say out loud.
Inside I want to scream at this child's mother. First of all, this isn't your home and second, do you let your child jump on your couch at home? Even if you do, have you not taught her that home is home and everywhere else is, well, everywhere else. And you don't jump on couches everywhere else (assuming you do at home).
Going to coffee shops can teach you a lot about human beings and let me tell you, I am not impressed. I can't help but wonder what the fundamental problem is. I used to work at a coffee shop in Nashville and this is not just a Madison problem. Has the coffee shop atmosphere become so "homey" that people treat it like their home? I guess in some ways I treat coffee shops like my office, so maybe I am equally to blame. Maybe others are annoyed at people like me who come in and plug our laptops in and start working for hours on end. At least I'm quiet, though, and not bothering anyone else. Hmmm...
I am sitting nearby and if she...
"Hi," I say out loud.
Inside I want to scream at this child's mother. First of all, this isn't your home and second, do you let your child jump on your couch at home? Even if you do, have you not taught her that home is home and everywhere else is, well, everywhere else. And you don't jump on couches everywhere else (assuming you do at home).
Going to coffee shops can teach you a lot about human beings and let me tell you, I am not impressed. I can't help but wonder what the fundamental problem is. I used to work at a coffee shop in Nashville and this is not just a Madison problem. Has the coffee shop atmosphere become so "homey" that people treat it like their home? I guess in some ways I treat coffee shops like my office, so maybe I am equally to blame. Maybe others are annoyed at people like me who come in and plug our laptops in and start working for hours on end. At least I'm quiet, though, and not bothering anyone else. Hmmm...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home