Evangelicals and Politics
Although I'm still trying to decide if I like the idea of Katie Couric behind the news anchor desk, I did find this story quite interesting. The story discusses the multiple viewpoints on politics that are held by evangelicals and includes interviews with Jim Wallis and Tony Perkins.
I especially found Wallis' quote at the opening of the program insightful:
"With 30,000 children dying every day, needlessly, from poverty and disease, I can't imagine Jesus thinking, 'The top issue on our agenda ought to be gay marriage amendments in Ohio.' "
Naturally, this simplifies the issue a little too much, but it does at least expose the nearsightedness of the religious right.
I especially found Wallis' quote at the opening of the program insightful:
"With 30,000 children dying every day, needlessly, from poverty and disease, I can't imagine Jesus thinking, 'The top issue on our agenda ought to be gay marriage amendments in Ohio.' "
Naturally, this simplifies the issue a little too much, but it does at least expose the nearsightedness of the religious right.

1 Comments:
exactly!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home