3.30.2006

not sure how I feel about this...

Russell Stover is currently selling chocolate crosses for Easter. Apparently, they're not new, but are getting press this year because they are being more widely marketed. Perhaps the same crowd who flocked to see Mel Gibson's movie will also flock to Walmart to buy a chocolate replica of the cross used in the movie.

My cynicism requires me to ask two questions:
1. If you eat one, does it actually become the cross of Jesus or is it merely symbolic of the cross?
2. Could we use this at Easter to represent Isaiah 25:8?

BTW, I think I would have a hard time putting a chocolate cross into my mouth. Of course, I don't like chocolate.

1 Comments:

Blogger teirney said...

My wife, Leah, noted the irony of posting about a company devoting mass amounts of chocolate to creating crosses right after a post about the supposed "War on Christians".

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home